Saturday 22 October 2016

Bottomless Brunch, DC style


One of the institutions I quickly got on board with while living in DC was weekend brunch. Many places offer excellent "bottomless" deals, whereby you pay a fixed price for the joy of being able to linger over brunch for hours, nibbling at little plates of deliciousness and sipping interesting drinks. I quickly got into a routine of working for a few hours in the morning, then taking my laptop out for a brunch date and a couple more hours of writing, followed by a stroll round a gallery or park while digesting -- or sometimes just back home for a nap!

One of the places I enjoyed was Masa 14, not far from me on 14th just south of U St. The combination of outdoor deck on a still-sunny autumn day, tasty small plates featuring fusion flavours, and a great selection of Asian-inspired cocktails, was just what I needed to finish the paper I was working on!

I didn't order this pork belly and spicy slaw pressed sandwich, but it was very delicious nonetheless.
A couple of bites of sushi roll and a florentine-style egg with mushrooms, together with a lemony lager cocktail -- surprisingly good!

 
Smoked salmon salad and a lychee bellini.
Roasted cauliflower is always delicious; the steamed bun was also very good. I didn't order the plantain either; it just arrived. A banana by any other name...




No comments:

Post a Comment